Kuala Lumpur, 9 November 2017 – In view of the recent floods in Penang, Samsung Malaysia Electronics today announced that its Service Centres located in Penang and Kedah are participating in the company’s flood relief campaign to provide support to affected customers in the form of free repair services for Samsung appliances and devices damaged in the torrent.
“In line with the company’s commitment to enrich people’s lives and promote social prosperity, the Samsung Flood Relief Campaign consists of inspection, cleaning and repair services as well as replacement of parts courtesy of Samsung. For the next two months, we will strive to help our customers through this predicament and as much as possible revive the affected appliances and devices so customers can once again return to a life of convenience that comes with Samsung products. As we are expecting an influx of repair requests, we hope that our customers exercise patience during this period and we wish them the best as they recover from the floods,” said Mr. Lee Sang Hoon, President of Samsung Malaysia Electronics.
From now until 31st December 2017, selected Samsung Service Centres located in Penang and Kedah will attend to the repairs of damaged Samsung products caused directly by the flood. For repair services of In-Home Products (television above 32-inch, washing machine, refrigerator, and air conditioner), customers are first required to call Samsung care-line at 1800-22-8899 (for mobile devices) or 1800-88-9999 (for other products) to book an appointment. Samsung authorised technicians will subsequently make house visits to carry out inspection on the affected products.
For Carry In Products (mobile devices, vacuum cleaner, microwave oven, air purifier, television below 29-inch, and audio home systems), customers are required to send in their affected Samsung products to the authorised Samsung Service Centres located in Penang or Kedah, where Samsung authorised technicians will then attend to the repair request on the damaged product. Operating days and hours of the selected authorised Samsung Service Centres may vary for different outlets.
Flood Relief Campaign Terms and Conditions
- This Offer is valid from 8th November 2017 until 31st December 2017. Free repair services offered are not exchangeable and non-refundable for cash. This Offer is not valid with other on-going promotions.
- This Offer covers cleaning, inspection and repair services on the affected Samsung products. Repairs are subject to availability of spare parts.
- Free repairs are only applicable for any damages on Samsung products caused directly by the floods and are owned by residents at the Flood Affected Areas (as defined below). Not applicable for any accidental physical damage due to mishandling, e.g. cracked screen and/or product damaged outside the Flood Affected Areas.
- This Offer is valid only for the following areas affected by the recent flooding in Penang and Kedah (“Flood Affected Areas”). Other areas affected by the flood may be informed by Samsung from time to time.
- Penang: Pulau Tikus, George Town, Bayan Lepas, Batu Ferringhi, Sungai Puyu, Balik Pulau, Bukit Mertajam, Butterworth, and Juru.
- Kedah: Kampung Masjid
- Cleaning, inspection and repair services will be arranged based on the availability of the authorised Samsung Service Centres located in Penang and Kedah.
For more information on this campaign and the full terms and conditions, please call Samsung toll-free care-line stated below or visit news.samsung.com/my/samsung-offers-flood-relief-for-penang-customers
- 1 800-22-8899 (For mobile devices)
- 1 800-88-9999 (For other products)
For more details on the in-warranty/out-warranty repair and categorisation of In-Home (IH) and Carry In (CI) products, please refer to www.samsung.com/my/support/warranty/.
For more details on the location of the authorised Samsung Service Centres, please visit www.samsung.com/my/support/servicelocation/.