The New Galaxy Note Fan Edition passes Samsung’s rigorous 8-Point Battery Safety Check
Kuala Lumpur, 17 November 2017 – The launch of the Galaxy Note Fan Edition is a show of Samsung’s commitment to its fans and consumers. This device has passed Samsung’s enhanced quality assurance measures. To ensure battery safety, the devices are equipped with new 3,200 mAh batteries that have passed the 8-Point Battery Safety Check.
Samsung’s enhanced 8-Point Battery Safety Check addresses safety from the component level, all the way to the assembly and shipment of devices. Included in the check are meticulous tests such as:
- Durability Test: Frequent and heavy battery testing such as overcharging, nail punctures and exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Visual Inspection: Visually inspect all batteries against enhanced criteria.
- X-Ray Test: Additional inspections to view the inside of the batteries for any abnormalities.
- Charge & Discharge Test: The batteries undergo a large-scale charging and discharging test.
- TVOC: Additional testing to ensure battery integrity.
- Disassembling Test: Increased battery disassembling test to assess its overall quality, including the battery tab welding and insulation.
- Accelerated Usage Test: Intensive test simulating accelerated consumer usage.
- △OCV Test: Checking every device for any change in voltage throughout the manufacturing process from the component level to complete device.
“Samsung is dedicated to creating products of supreme quality, in every aspect thinkable. We are committed to earning the full trust of our customers through innovations that uphold safety to the highest standard and open the gateway to unlimited possibilities and incredible new experiences. The Galaxy Note Fan Edition is a mobile device that has gone through stringent 8-Point Battery Safety Check. It is made especially for fans and we are confident that they will see its value and potential for productivity,” Mr KM Liew, Head of IT and Mobile Business of Samsung Malaysia Electronics said.
The Galaxy Note Fan Edition features reworked components from the original Note7 devices including unused components and devices stored in Samsung’s inventory.
Samsung is also showing its support in environmental conservation through the sponsorship of the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) conservation works in Southeast Asia. From November 2017 until February 2018, part of the sales proceed from the Galaxy Note Fan Edition will go toward sponsorship of WWF’s conservation efforts in Southeast Asia. This first region-wide marketing partnership with WWF aims to drive more awareness of the organisation’s conservation work and give customers an opportunity to contribute to protecting nature.
The Galaxy Note Fan Edition is now available nationwide at a recommended retail price of RM2,599.
For more information on Samsung’s commitment to battery safety, visit: