Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 20 October 2022 — Garmin Malaysia today announced a new fitness tracker for kids, the Black Panther – Special Edition Vívofit® Jr. 3.1 The tracker – featuring special edition bands – motivates children to track their daily activity, participate in friendly competitions, uncover Marvel Avengers app adventures2 and many more.
The Black Panther design is the latest addition to the Avengers character watch faces collection; celebrating the powerful king and his highly advanced African nation of Wakanda. Featuring a colourful display, this durable, swim-friendly3 fitness tracker has up to one year of battery life so the kids can stay active – no recharging required.
Fully-loaded with all the features parents have come to love on Garmin’s other Vívofit Jr. 3 fitness trackers, the Black Panther Special Edition Band is all about keeping the children motivated, happy, and healthy.
Made for adventure: What kids can look forward to
- Track steps, sleep patterns, and daily recommended activity minutes.
- By meeting daily activity goals, kids can unlock new app adventures, games and icons in the Garmin Jr.™ app and receive Infinity Stone points that can be used to reveal new images of the Avengers.
- Timed activities function allows kids to track their steps and estimated distance during playtime, sports practice, and more to view their activities later in the Garmin Jr. app.
- Toe-to-Toe™ step challenges encourage kids to compete in friendly step competitions with their friends and family who are also using a compatible Garmin device.
- Quickly access a child’s emergency contact information via the ICE (in case of emergency) widget.
- Parent-replaceable batteries with up to one year of battery life.
For parents: Keeping the kids safe while wearing the tracker
Through the Garmin Jr. app on a compatible smartphone, parents can view their child’s activity, sleep, chore data and more. The app can also be used to assign weekly or daily chores and schedule alerts that show up as icons on the display, so that the kids who can’t read know what they need to be doing.
Once a task or chore has been completed, kids will receive virtual coins that can be redeemed for selected rewards (subject to agreement). What’s more, by enabling the “Kid Mode” function in the Garmin Jr. app, kids will have limited access to monitor and check off their chores and view the latest mission in their app adventure.
“Gamifying chores and giving rewards for the tasks completed will definitely excite the kids even more, while helping them to stay motivated and focused in meeting their daily chores and goals. Thoughtfully engineered for active living, Garmin products have revolutionised life for many athletes and active people of all levels and abilities. Garmin believes every day is an opportunity to innovate and a chance to beat yesterday; and our latest Black Panther is proof of that,” said Mr. Scoppen Lin, Assistant General Manager, Garmin Asia.
Get the limited Black Panther – Special Edition Vívofit Jr. 3 today!
Designed to comfortably fit even the smallest wrists, the Black Panther – Special Edition Vívofit Jr. 3 is available in limited quantities at a suggested retail price of RM440 at all Garmin Brand Stores, Shopee, Lazada, AECO e-store and selected authorised retailers.
Other Garmin fitness brands include Tacx and Firstbeat Analytics. For more information, visit Garmin’s virtual pressroom at garmin.com.my/news/pressroom/, or follow us at facebook.com/GarminMalaysia, instagram.com/GarminMalaysia, youtube.com/GarminMalaysiaAsia or follow our adventures at garmin.com/en-MY/blog/.